- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 8 -10 slices white bread, broken into small 1/2 inch pieces (or you can use rolls or any stale bread you have and want to use up)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes (or to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or Locatelli)
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil (for frying) or vegetable oil (for frying)
Mix all ingredients gently in a large bowl until well combined.
Roll meatballs 1 1/2- 1 3/4″ in diameter.
Heat about 1/4″ of oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
Fry meatballs in oil, rolling frequently, until evenly browned and juices run clear.
Drop meatballs in your favorite sauce (I highly recommend My Mama Iuliucci’s”Don’t Skip a Step” Spaghetti Sauce My Mama Iuliucci’s “Don’t Skip a Step” Spaghetti Sauce) and let simmer for awhile to flavor sauce or just serve with your favorite pasta and sauce.
Tip: You can also bake or broil these if the frying part is too much of a hassle– I use my broiler pan if I bake them, so the fat drips down and away from the meatballs.